PLEASE HAVE FOLLOWING ITEMS READY BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT DAY.
- Hair bands and ties to keep hair off your face and neck. Make sure they are soft and not too tight, as you may need to keep them on for 48 hours.
- Bags of frozen peas as ice packs.
- Make sure that you have a room is free from direct sunlight. Blinds and drapes are sufficient. Vacuum the room and launder linens to cut down the risk of infection.
- Sun block with SPF 30 or above. Once the skin is healed, you will be instructed to apply sunscreen liberally for 3 months.
- Arrange for backup help during the week after the procedure in case you need it.
- Tube or jar of Aquaphor®.
ON THE DAY OF TREATMENT, PLEASE COME TO THE OFFICE WITH
- No makeup
- No fingernail polish
- No jewelry
- No lotion on face, chest or arms
- No perfume or cologne
- No contact lenses
- Lower-cut, buttoned shirt
- Your treatment is scheduled on. You will be here for approximately 1–2 hours. Please arrange for someone to pick you up at the end of the treatment.
- Start taking Valtrex® and Keflex® 2 days prior to the procedure. Follow the instructions printed on the prescription label. You will continue taking these prescriptions until they are gone.
- On the night before the procedure, take one 25 mg Benadryl® (over-the-counter). You will continue taking one Benadryl each night for the next 5 nights.
REMEMBER, NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK AFTER MIDNIGHT THE NIGHT BEFORE TREATMENT.
- On the morning of the procedure, take your next dose of Valtrex, Keflex and one Benadryl with a tiny sip of water. Also, take any regular medications (high blood pressure meds, thyroid meds, etc.) with only enough water to get the pill down.
- On the afternoon of the procedure when you get home, take your next dose of Keflex. Also, begin the Medrol® Dosepak (for swelling) and the Vicoprofen® (for pain).
- Continue taking 1–2 tablets of Vicoprofen every 4 hours to prevent pain.
- On the evening of the procedure, take your next dose of Keflex and Valtrex.
- Before bed, take another dose of Vicoprofen and one Benadryl.
Continue taking Valtrex, Keflex, and Medrol according to the directions printed on the bottle until finished. You should continue taking one Benadryl at night for 5 nights after the procedure. You can use Tylenol® for pain on day 3, if the narcotic pain medicine is too strong.